We’ve Missed you.
Life has been anything but normal this spring and we sincerely hope you are in good health. We are very excited to welcome you back to our office and want you to rest assured that Dundas Dental Care has always taken sterilization and infection control very seriously. In light of the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety and our staff’s safety.
Below are some of the enhanced measures we have taken to protect you. Please note that these measures are also in addition to our teams training on infection control and patient management procedures.
- Moving forward, you will be contacted 48-72 hours prior to your appointment via phone, text or email and asked a set of health-related questions. It is required that you complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment. If the questionnaire is not completed we will have to reschedule your appointment.
- We have implemented personalized arrival procedures to guide you to treatment rooms to eliminate contact with surfaces.
- Social Distinicing in the reception area will be enforced and limited to essential caregivers and parents of minors.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or children’s toys since those items are difficult to fully disinfect.
- Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the clinic.
- We require a mask to be worn by ALL patients upon entering the office. (If you don’t have one, we will provide you with one.)
- We have installed sneeze guards and droplet barriers at all reception areas.
- Hand washing and hand sanitizing are required before all appointments by team members and patients.
- We have introduced an oral pre-rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
- We will record the temperature of every patient upon entering the office.
- We will record the temperature of every team member each day at the beginning and end of the work period.
- There will be enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces in between patients.
- Ambient air management with HEPA air filtration will continuously be in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating air.
- We have personal protection equipment like visors and gowns that act as barriers against even the smallest of germs. (We might look different, but we are the same kind and friendly people underneath all the gear.)
- We have introduced protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- We have extended our appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
- We are starting back on a much smaller capacity to ensure that we can provide a very safe environment for everyone.
We thank you in advance for your patience during the scheduling phase and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Mo, Lamiaa & Team